Thursday, 22 November 2012

Dreamer Spotlight: Tigermouse Design

Nazareth is the talented artist and designer behind Tigermouse Design. She makes paper craft silhouette portraits and scrabble pendants.
 
Since I was in high school, I have always wanted to have my own business. I first wanted to be a graphic designer and so I graduated from that degree and worked on a few designs for clients as a freelancer. However, my desire grew and I wanted to be creative outside of the computer and my love for craft grew. This is not only a way to express myself but it's a form of relaxation. I love working on each design and putting a bit of myself in them.

I don't have a particular source of inspiration. Anything and everything inspires me. Sometimes it's something I see/hear, an issue I feel passionate about or an emotion I am feeling.

I have always been interested and involved in artsy things since I was a kid. My Dad has always made things in the house himself like bed frames, tables and toys and it always amazed me. One day I made my own three drawer table out of cardboard and I was so proud. This started my desire to make things.

Like, I said, I have a background in graphic design, which I graduated from last year. This is used when I design my products on the computer. When it comes to crafting, I started by doing research online on basic materials and instruction and went on from there.


I am passionate and enjoy reading about political issues around the world along with watching cute animals on youtube :)

My advice to others is don't compare yourself to other people. You are the only one who has gone through your experiences and therefore your art/designs/ideas will be unique.


I hope to expand my business well into the future so that I can make a living off being creative.
You will find more Tigermouse Design paper craft silhouettes and scrable pendants at the Dreamers Christmas Market on 15th December.
Check out her  Website.
Find her on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment