Friday, 3 August 2012

Dreamer Spotlight: Oli and Jas

Meet Fiona, mother of 2 boys, Oli and Jas, who are the inspiration behind her creations.

Tell me something about yourself?

 My name is Fiona and I am a work home mum with have 5 gorgeous children (3 girls and 2 boys) and a passion for all things handmade. What are your sources of inspiration? My biggest source of inspiration are my 2 boys Oliver & Jasper. When my girls were little I use to love dressing them up and accessorising their outfits. When my 2 boys came along I really missed 'all the extras' that you can have with little girls, that is when I came up with the design for our jean chains and the range has just grown from there.

 
Where and when did you learn your craft?  

Who taught you? My Granma taught me how to sew when I was a little girl and my Mum has always been really crafty...I guess it's in the genes :)
Aside from your craft, what else do you enjoy doing? I love to read, crochet, cross-stitch and go on long drives down the coast with my family.

 
What piece of advise can you give to other crafters? 

Love what you do and stick with it! It can be really hard at times trying to build your business, especially when you see other handmade businesses have seemingly 'overnight success' It takes time and commitment so don't give up. Also aim to be part of fantastic opportunities like the Dreamers Markets who are dedicated to help us build our handmade businesses.

 
What are your plans for the future? 

To build Oli & Jas into a must have handmade brand for little guys all over Australia (maybe even the world!)

You'll find more Oli and Jas creations at the Dreamers Markets.
Check out their Website

"Like" them on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment