Saturday, 17 November 2012

Dreamer Spotlight: The Busy Badger




Stephanie Pride is the Busy Badger!

I’m a total Craft-a-holic! Any craft, it doesn’t matter what it is, I’m at my happiest when I’m making something. My main ‘career’ craft is Jewellery design and manufacture, The Busy Badger is a ‘side business’ which has taken on a life of its own.


I am currently in my fourth year studying Ceramics at Tafe. I also enjoy working in Crochet, Copperfoil Stained glass, Wood-carving, Wood-turning, Embroidery, Stone carving… too many crafts to list. There is nothing I love more than learning a new craft.

I’ve been collecting cool quotes, words of wisdom and witty one-liners for as long as I can remember. Those, combined with my occasional epiphanies and artistic endeavors, give me an endless supply of subject matter for my Badge designs.

 
I studied ‘Jewellery and Object Design’ at TAFE, which gave me a great grounding in design theory. I taught myself how to make badges and all the other items I sell through this shop.
I collect film music, I spend far more time reading than I should and I enjoy walking for travel and exercise. I love trying new food and exploring new places.

My advice to others is to experiment.
Don’t be afraid of failure. The only failure is the failure to try.
I’d love to take TheBusyBadger further and branch out into t-shirts, bags etc and maybe start supplying other shops and market-sellers so that I can devote more time to designing and making
For examples of my other work, please visit my DeviantArt gallery www.stephaniepride.deviantart.com/gallery
Check out Stephanie's creations at the Dreamers Christmas Market on the 15th December.
Find her on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment