Sunday, 11 November 2012

Dreamer Spotlight: Frankideas



 "The aim is to create pieces that are individual, striking and reflect the wearer’s personality, fashioned for the woman who is passionate about design and colour."


Rowan Shaw is frankideas.

I'm a designer, having worked in interiors, furniture and jewellery for most of my working life. frankideas accessories are created from an eclectic variety of materials that include felt, rubber, paper, textiles, plastic and found objects - basically anything that captures my imagination or sparks an idea. 


Frankideas  design ethos is about exploring colour, materials and detail, resulting in a bold range of jewellery that is wearable art. I like to recycle but I also like to adapt. I guess I’m interested in thinking outside the square.I get inspiration from anything and everything, colour, nature, texture,  images, materials...

I have a degree in design and have studied in Australia, the UK and USA.
Much of what I do now doesn't involve traditional materials or techniques so I'm pretty much self taught.

I feel like I am designing or creating  24/7 but when I'm not I love spending time at the beach which always clears my head and reinvigorates me. I also devour  books and films. My advise to other creatives is to have fun, love what you're doing, keep track of costs, pay yourself a living wage, make a profit and value your work.

My plans for the future will be more of the same although I am planning on cutting back my jewellery range and concentrating on a few of the lines that are selling well overseas at the moment.

You'll find more bold, dramatic jewellery from frankideas at the Dreamers Christmas Market on the 15th December. 

Check out the frankideas shop
Like them on Facebook.


1 comment:

  1. Will you be at the market on the 15th December

    ReplyDelete