Monday, 12 November 2012

Dreamer Spotlight: I AM Boutique



"My vision of I AM is to instill the value of women through the clothing that I create. Each item has been designed with a particular worth that I hope women will take on for themselves." 

Meet Beth, the designer and maker behind I AM Boutique.

I am 27, married to a fantastic man and have 3 kids under the age of 5.  Life is crazy, but I love every moment of it.  I do my sewing and creating in the middle of the night when they’re asleep.  It is my passion!

I can find inspiration in almost anything.  At the moment I’m drawn to romance, lace and flowing fabrics.  With all my designs my vision is to affirm worth and value over the women who wear them. I aim to restore fashion by creating clothing that only enhances a woman’s true beauty.


I have sewing in my blood.  My Gran was a milliner and owned her own shop in the Strand Arcade back in the 1930s. My mother has also always created and made everything herself.  She is the reason that I sew and where I get my passion from. She has taught me from a young age how to knit, sew and recently crochet. I have made my own clothing since I was 14 and haven’t stopped.  I also studied briefly at Whitehouse for Fashion and Design as well as taking extra pattern making courses.

As a busy a mum of three (two boys and a girl) I spend a lot time with my kids. This is usually spent with a pirate sword in one hand and a tea cup in the other. Besides time with my kids both my husband and I love going to the gym and keeping fit.
My advise to other designers is to go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.



My plans for the future? I would love to have my own boutique if not many.

Check out more of I AM Boutique's gorgeous creations at the Dreamers Christmas Market on 15th December. 

Check out I AM Boutique.

Find them on Facebook.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment