Wednesday, 21 November 2012

Dreamer Spotlight: Handcrafted by Julie



Meet Julie, the creative talent behind Handcrafted by Julie

I am mum to a gorgeous 14 month old who is very cheeky and keeps me on my toes. I enjoy creating something new and wonderful out of everyday items and making gifts for my friends and family to enjoy. I have pretty much taken over our home ‘study’ with all my goodies and I now refer to it as my craft room! I am also teaching myself how to sew – yikes!

I've taught myself many skills over the years, I started doing basic scrapbooking in 2006 as a hobby after attending a local craft fair, and I now do all sorts of crafty things when I’m not working or looking after my family. Along the way I have learnt and been inspired by many people at retreats, I’ve attended and classes I have taken part in.


Colors, patterns, magazines, nature, and my son are my sources of inspiration. I have an inspiration board at home where I constantly change the pictures to reflect my mood or what I’d like to work on. I’m also inspired by beautiful destinations and whilst I might not be able to get there in person I can certainly travel there in my mind.



Aside from your craft, I enjoy playing and watching netball, relaxing with friends and enjoying time with my son and husband.
Mt advice other creatives, is to do more of what you love to do and less of what you don’t! Follow your passion and if you want to learn to do something, just do it! Don’t let anything or anyone hold you back.


Ideally, I would like to work full time at home on my craft business, that way I get to do what I love and spend more time with those that I love. I would like to have my items in boutique stores as well as online. I plan to have my website up and running in the near future so that’s very exciting.
Check out more of Julie's creations at the Dreamers Christmas Market --- 15th December.
Find her on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment