Friday, 7 December 2012

Dreamer Spotlight: Charlee Le More


Rochelle designs a collection of geometric patterns which is then digitally printed onto fabric and then she cuts and sews them into cushions.

I am an Interior Design graduate, with a love of pattern, colour, texture and all things design! I started Charlee Le More after graduating, with my first range of cushions, and have many plans and ideas of expanding my range in the near future. In the meantime I currently work 4 days a week as a design assistant in Sydney, while also doing the juggling act with work/family and a social life!

I live with my partner and our gorgeous little boy who has just turned 4. They both make me laugh, and sometimes drive me up the wall, but that’s what family is all about.


I think you can find inspiration anywhere. From holiday destinations, to plants and animals… the list goes on. I find I am heavily influenced by Interior trends, but also have a love of Scandinavian design and Japanese patterns, which often come through into my work.

I have always been creative; I learned to sew from my mum at an early age, both by hand and on the machine. I also completed a textile project for my Major Work in high school 10+ years ago. It had been a long time since I had done much sewing, and the textile part just fell into place. I guess a combination of my love of pattern and colour, and years of studying Interior Design.


Aside from my craft, I enjoy a coffee or BBQ with friends or family any chance I get! It’s a great break from the madness of the 9-5 working week. We also like to get away when we can, even just into Sydney for the weekend or interstate for a couple of nights, but hopefully planning an overseas trip soon!
My advice to others is to have confidence in yourself, believe in your product and just keep at it, one little step at a time. And remember, you only get out, what you out in.
I’m happy to cruise and see where this path will take me for now. But you will definitely be seeing some new cushion designs and hopefully a few new products from Charlee Le More in the not too distant future…
Find more Charlee Le More cushions at the Dreamers Market on the 15th December!
Find them on Facebook.



No comments:

Post a Comment