Sunday, 2 December 2012

Dreamer Spotlight: UBERchic Aprons

Patricia designs and makes unique, handmade aprons.

I am married with 2 adult children and am about to become a grandmother for the first time and can’t wait to have her with me in my sewing room playing with a stash of fabric. I have fond memories of sitting with my grandmother while she taught me how to knit and I look forward to sitting with my grandchildren and teaching them my love of craft.




 My main source of inspiration is my mum she was always trying new things and was always very positive when I came up with new ideas myself. I also get inspiration from fabrics and their colours.
 
 I guess I learnt my craft from my mum, she was a sewer and I remember her making all sorts of things like dolls and school costumes. I still have my first
piece of embroidery that I did from when I was 7 years old. Through
the years my mother was always there to help me with whatever I
attempted to do.




Aside from my craft I enjoy traveling and look forward to doing more of it now that our kids are grown. I also enjoy going out to dinner with my husband and
friends.


The best piece of advise I could give to other artists is to ‘GO FOR IT’. Whatever it is that you want to do, just do it and don’t let negative feedback stop you from fulfilling your dreams.






My plan for the future is to continue to make quality handmade products that are unique and practical. Products that are individually handmade with enthusiasm and love for customers who appreciate the effort put into them.
I hope to continue to expand my small business so that ‘ÜBERchíc Aprons’ is
a name people will recognise when they see it


You'll find more Uberchic aprons at the Dreamers Market on 15th Dec 2012.

Find them on Facebook.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! I love a good apron!! I wear them everyday! These are lovely!

    ReplyDelete