Wednesday, 20 February 2013

Dreamer Spotlight: The Blissful Brush



 Meet Jennifer and her adorable girls ...

Tell me something about yourself?
I am an artist that loves colour … in everything.  I paint whimsical images of mainly girls with large emotive eyes and far too skinny legs.  I  use paper, acrylic paint, coloured and graphite pencils to create my kooky brightly coloured paintings.

What are your sources of inspiration?
Colour, Clothes, Magazines, Colour, Art, Fabric, Paper … did I say Colour!


Where and when did you learn your craft? Who taught you? 
I have been painting since I was really young, but hadn’t picked up a brush or a pencil in a long long long time. Finally the whispers in my head to start painting again became far too strong to ignore, so about 3 years ago I started painting again just for myself.  Then friends intervened and decided for me that I had to put my art out into the scary big wide world for others to see.  And here I am, selling my art and having the happiest time …. pure bliss.
Aside from your craft, what else do you enjoy doing?
I turn ugly old furniture into French Provincial / Shabby Chic type masterpieces.
Taking my brown dog – Finn Macool – to the beach.
A little spot of gardening, not too much that it becomes a chore though.

What piece of advise can you give to other artists? 
If it is your passion it WILL work for you, if it’s not your passion then find out what is.
Success doesn’t usually come overnight . Stick with it. Practice. Practice. Practice.  Patience. Patience. Patience.
Don’t listen to those that say you can’t do it, or you’re not good enough.  They’re wrong.  Really wrong.
Truly believe that you can do it. Visualise success and dream BIG.  Expect the greatest things to happen for you.  There’s that old saying ... whether you think you can, or think you can’t - you’re right.
Do courses. Learn.  There is an abundance of affordable online courses to teach you what you need to know to run a successful business.
Make plans and set goals.
I could go on and one, but won’t bore you any further. LOL
What are your plans for the future?
They are all a really big secret at the moment.
Check out more of The Blissful Brush at the Dreamers Market on Saturday, 16th March.

1 comment:

  1. Woweeee ... thanks for featuring me girls. I really appreciate it. x

    ReplyDelete