Friday, 22 February 2013

Dreamer Spotlight: Just Jade Designs

Jade believes that there is no better time to follow your dreams than now!



Tell me something about yourself?
I am a Design and Technology teacher who has always enjoyed designing and creating new and interesting projects. I decided in 2010, to enroll in TAFE on a Saturday in a Millinery course. I had always loved hats and always wanted to have a go at making them so I decided better late than never! This is how Just Jade Designs was born.


What are your sources of inspiration?
My inspiration is drawn from my love of bright bold colours, prints and textures. I love creating pieces that will make a statement.
A large part of my business is creating one of a kind made to order pieces where my client’s inspiration is the driving force. 


Where and when did you learn your craft? Who taught you? 
I adopted my love of sewing from my elderly next door neighbour growing up, she taught me to sew on her very old Singer sewing machine. I learnt the skills of jewellery design and millinery from various courses over the years and lots of trial and error.
Aside from your craft, what else do you enjoy doing?
I love to travel, I am constantly inspired by the sights that I see around the world.
What piece of advice can you give to other artists? 
Those thoughts in the back of your mind of trying something new, learning a new skill, getting your designs out into the wider community…. Do it now! There is no better time. 


What are your plans for the future?
To continue designing and creating beautiful pieces and see where they take me…
More of Just Jade Designs at the Dreamers Market on Saturday, March 16th.

No comments:

Post a Comment