Tuesday, 5 March 2013

Dreamer Spotlight: Fairyland Photography

Do you love fairies? Check out Vanessa"s Fairyland portraits!

Tell me something about yourself?

I’m married with a gorgeous 9yo daughter, and surprise surprise I love fairies !! I own Fairyland Photography and have a studio in Lake Macquarie in Newcastle.

I specialize in creating custom one of a kind Fairyland Portraits for my clients. All the elements in my images are originals by me, backgrounds, wings etc. There are no stock images used. I use photography and photoshop to create my images….and spend WAY too long on the computer.

What are your sources of inspiration?

I do go through phases but nature mostly. Quite often I will go up into the rainforest to photograph background images, and just immerse myself in the peace. At the moment though I’m going through an antique wares and fabrics phase, so anything old - books, candlesticks, tea sets, watches, pretty laces and pearls.

Where and when did you learn your craft? Who taught you? 
I’m self taught as far as photography goes, and photoshop the same. A friend of mine, Margaret Dean is the lady who inspired and tutored me in creating fairy images. She is still my favourite fairy artist and I have many of her images on my walls at home.


Aside from your craft, what else do you enjoy doing?

Watching movies, colouring digital stamps with copics, crocheting, designing fairy dresses. I come from a motorcycling racing family,  but I also love Sunday afternoons watching the V8’s!

What piece of advise can you give to other artists? 
Be original, do something unique ! Don’t undersell yourself, if you have a unique talent then charge accordingly.


What are your plans for the future?
I am launching my new dedicated  Fairyland Photography website as we speak! So please do pop by and say hello !

Check out Fairyland Photography at the Dreamers Market on Saturday, March 16th!

No comments:

Post a Comment