Thursday, 7 March 2013

Dreamer Spotlight: Mia Grace Couture

Meet Eleni and her super cute shoes for your little ones ... 

Tell me something about yourself?


 My name is Eleni, I am a daughter, wife and Mum of four beautiful children who adores being creative and pausing a while, to take in the beauty of life in all its forms, and sharing this joy with my family…



 What are your sources of inspiration?

 

When I think of inspiration, I think of a multi-faceted diamond… My inspiration is my children, especially my baby daughter, who makes me smile every day; my three amazing sons, who love my work; my husband, who really tries to see beauty through my eyes; style and actresses from the 50s; vintage beauty; and nature in the incredible world we live in, and definitely my senses when I see, hear, touch, taste and smell beauty!




Where and when did you learn your craft? Who taught you? 


I remember admiring my maternal Grandmother while she sat at her Vintage Singer sewing machine, creating a magical patchwork tablecloth of her hand crocheted doilies and trims…

I remember my paternal Grandmother, as she used to lick the end of the thread before she carefully threaded it through the eye of the needle in preparation for sewing the holes closed on my Grandpa’s socks…



I have always been creative, engaging in various arts and crafts, until more recently, when Mia Grace Couture was born – a place I can say is my creative home, a place I work hard in, and feel a great sense of pride and achievement for.

How did I learn my craft? I am self taught, drawing on sentiment, memories, research, trial and error, and the drive to follow through on a promise.



Aside from your craft, what else do you enjoy doing?

Gosh, there’s so much I enjoy doing! Pinning on Pinterest, reading, walking along the beach, spending time with my family, seeing my children set goals and reaching them, admiring beauty, achieving my goals, having good coffee, listening to music, spending time with hubby (when we can fit it in), watching movies, eating yummy food and SHOPPING!





What piece of advice can you give to other artists?

Believe in yourself, work hard and push through the obstacles, the ups and downs, the trying times. Success will surely follow.

 

What are your plans for the future?


My plans are to continue to work hard to enable every girl to have at least one pair of Mia Grace Couture shoes!

Check out Mia Couture at the Dreamers Autumn Market on Saturday, March 16th at the Riverside Theatres, Parramatta.

No comments:

Post a Comment