Saturday, 29 June 2013

Dreamers Spotlight: Silvermonk



Tell us something about yourself?
I graduated from Sydney College of The Arts. (Sculpture Department)
I started making Jewellery when my son went to school a few years ago. I work from my home studio in Inner West Sydney.
What are your sources of inspiration?
Nature is definitely on the top of the list. I also enjoy the working process and love the materials that I am working with. Magic happens when the material takes over the process and start speaking for itself……

Where and when did you learn your craft? Who taught you? 
I did a short course on SilverSmith at the Pine Street Art Center in Chippendale. I also learn a lot from fellow jewellesr on internets forum and blogs.

Aside from your craft, what else do you enjoy doing?
Sports ( go Socceroos!!!!). 
Browsing art , architure and design blogs on the internet
Wandering into the world of fermentation …….

What piece of advise can you give to other artists? 
Keep learning and have fun along the way.

What are your plans for the future?
Learning more new techniques.
I am always on the look out for new ways of expanding my business.

Silvermonk will be at the Dreamers Winter Market on July 20,2013.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you!
    Can't wait for my first Dreamer's Market.

    ReplyDelete