Sunday, 16 June 2013

Dreamers Spotlight: WeePots


Tell us something about yourself?

My name is Jo. I make pots, chimes, small bowls and lots of other small things out of porcelain clay. All my work are handbuilt from slabs of clay. 

What are your sources of inspiration?
I am inpired by my home and garden. I make pots that I would use to decorate my home. My love for succulents inspired me to make the  white porcelain pots. 


Where and when did you learn your craft? Who taught you?
I am self taught. I live in the Middle east since 20 years and over there only our husbands can work while we stay at home.  One day, I decided to buy a kiln and learned pottery from books.  Over the years, with lots of trial and error,  I became comfortable with clay and hand building. 

Aside from your craft. what else do you enjoy doing?
I love to cook and experiment with baking. I also started to learn how to knit a scarf. One day I will knit a blanket with big yarn. 


What piece of advice can you give to other artist?
Be creative and enjoy what you love to do. Don't copy other peoples work, at least modify it a bit. 

What are your plans for the future?
I would love to have a shop of my own where I can give workshops in pottery using porcelain and handbuilding techniques. It would be nice to share what I know.


Jo will be at the Dreamers market on July 20. her stall will be full of lovely succulents in their pots and lots of other porcelain stuff that she has created. 



No comments:

Post a Comment