Wednesday, 3 July 2013

Dreamers Spotlight: Shilpshala



Tell us something about yourself?
My name is Nidhi.I am an architect by profession and artist by passion. Currently taking some time off from work to spend time with my 3 yr old son and do some creative artwork.

What are your sources of inspiration?
My Artwork is ethnic yet simplified and reflects my Indian roots. I draw my inspiration from the rich aesthetic values and art that reflect different cultures and then use the visual interpretation to create an abstract medley to give a new meaning to my compositions and incorporate exotic themes and techniques in each unique one-of-a-kind pieces from paper, canvas, and ceramics to glass wares. I love to experiment with different mediums and materials.
Where and when did you learn your craft? Who taught you? 
I was born with this trait. Drawing lines and coloring was my favorite hobby since my childhood. My hand painting techniques and love for colours made me choose my career in Design and Architecture. 
Aside from your craft, what else do you enjoy doing?
Digital photography, baking, travelling and spending time with my family.



What piece of advise can you give to other artists? 
In this busy world there will, never be a good time to start living your dreams…so why not do it today. We are all born with something a talent may be, so realize your passion and live it. That is the way to true happiness.  
What are your plans for the future?
Continue doing my artwork and explore more techniques to hand painting on the way.


Shilpshala will be at the Dreamers Winter Market on July 20, 2013.



No comments:

Post a Comment