Monday, 16 September 2013

Dreamers Spotlight: Divine Hedgehog Creations


Meet Veronika, the talent behind Divine Hedgehog Art Creations.


Tell us something about yourself?

My name is Veronika and I live in Sydney with my husband, son and our very naughty dog Montgomery.


What are your sources of inspiration?

My inspiration comes from my family and friends, nature and quiet days with a good book.






Where and when did you learn your craft? Who taught you? 

Divine Hedgehog Art Creations was born out of my sons Year 1 Christmas art project. I was helping the teacher to make something special and different. That is how I discovered that the handmade clay my friends and I used in the 1980’s to make little brooches and earrings with roses on it. Porcelana Fria or Cold Porcelain is well-known South American craft media used to make ornaments, jewellery, cake toppers etc.

So that Christmas, Year 1 made beautiful ginger bread men ornaments and I’d started my exciting experiments with Cold Porcelain. Having studied drawing and ceramics helped too. I’ve learned a lot since then, made and sold lots of my beautiful pendants, set up web-store and started attending various craft markets. After a few very successful markets I had an idea to add hand knitted jewellery to my repertoire and what a great decision it was!


I was born into very creative family. My mum and both grandmas always were sewing, knitting or crocheting. I don’t think my mum ever sat through a movie without making or mending something. I’ve learned how to knit and crochet at the very young age. Knitting, making my own designs of jumpers, scarves and vests had been my creative outlet for many years. So making knitted and crochet pieces was very natural choice for Divine hedgehog.

That is how my Enchanted wearable art line came to life. From simple earrings and necklaces to glamorous cuffs and collars adorned with semi precious stones beads. I love using pearls, garnets, corals amethyst and fluorite: it gives my pieces that luxurious look. As with my Cold Porcelain pendants there no two pieces exactly the same
.





Aside from your craft, what else do you enjoy doing?
I love spending time with my family, reading and music

What piece of advise can you give to other artists? 
Don’t stop and stay true to yourself.
What are your plans for the future?
My plans for the future are expanding my repertoire to wire wrapped and memory wire jewellery, explore new Art and Craft shows and Galleries.

Find Veronika and her beautiful creations at the Dreamers Spring Market on October 19,2013.
Riverside Theatres, Parramatta
9:30-2:30 p.m.



No comments:

Post a Comment