Saturday, 7 September 2013

Dreamers Spotlight : Odies Cookies


Tell us something about yourself?

I am a self-confessed chocoholic whose sweet tooth just seems to overpower me every single time! Since you can't have serious chocolate cravings and stay in shape I find hitting the gym and enjoying outdoor boxing sessions that perfect hit to balance out my weakness for chocolate.


What are your sources of inspiration?

I’m inspired by entrepreneurs; I love hearing stories of how they turn their once thought of improbable dreams into reality. Flavours of the world will be another; trying new and different cuisines from all over the world. Failures is another; learning from my mistakes and using that as a goal to build on them. This is deriven from one of my favourite quotes: “Let every mockery, every failure, be a source of inspiration for you to reach for greatness and that greatness will silence your critics.” – Ajaero Tony Martins

page1image12120 page1image12280 page1image12440
Where and when did you learn your craft? Who taught you?

I have always been interested in making desserts with richness to them like Oreo Cheesecakes and Banana Caramel Cream pies. My travelling experience throughout America further built on this passion and now I’ve just started my small cookie business I love creating these unique, wholesome and rich cookies. I'm a self-taught entrepreneur who is always on a look out for new ideas to improve my creations.
Aside from your craft, what else do you enjoy doing?
I love to keep busy when I’m not working my 9-5 Monday to Friday office job. I prefer to spend my time outdoors and soaking in what Sydney has to offer. I enjoy going to outdoor markets on the weekends especially; the vibrancy reminds me of my childhood back where I was born in the Philippines, the general ambiance is just incredible!



What piece of advise can you give to other artists?

Don't be discouraged from criticism. Instead, welcome them as they will help you improve your business. Refer to my above inspiring quote by Ajaero Tony Martins.
What are your plans for the future?
Future plans will be to continue to build my cookie business and to most importantly enjoy doing it at the same time. I would also love to own a little cookie and cafe boutique shop in a nice and vibrant suburb....here is to hoping one day soon. 

Odies Cookies will be at the Dreamers Spring Market on October 19,2013.  Riverside Theatres, Parramatta. 

No comments:

Post a Comment