Thursday, 12 September 2013

Dreamers Spotlight: Seams and Beams






Heidi Farrelly is inspired by her daughter, this is her story. 



Tell us something about yourself? 

Like most crafty mums I juggle a day job, my child and my business.  I would like to think I do all of them moderately well but there is always things I don't have time for or would like to do better.  I've always had a passion for all things crafty and I trained as a preschool teacher after leaving school;  so when I started looking into what I would like to do after having children it only made sense to combine the 2!  I get a kick out of  creating beautiful, vibrant pieces that stop people in their tracks and really give the wow factor.
 
What are your sources of inspiration? 

My daughter, nature and travel

Where and when did you learn your craft? Who taught you?   My  Mum taught me to sew when I was little and I think I made my first quilt when I was 12.  The rest I have taught myself-usually with a lot of trial and error!


Aside from your craft, what else do you enjoy doing? 
4WDriving, traveling, reading, and any sort of outdoor sport.

What piece of advise can you give to other artists? 
  Starting getting your product out there ASAP in as many forums as possible.  Everything else such as labels, websites and business names etc.. you can do at your leisure.  Getting your name out there should be your top priority.
What are your plans for the future? 
Build my business to the point where I can employ other people such as myself.  Aussie mums who are talented but have limited or unusal hours in which they can work.  I would love to be able to give other people a helping hand.


Seams and Beams will be at the Dreamers Market on October 19,2013. 
Riverside Theatres, Parramatta
9;30-2:30 pm


No comments:

Post a Comment