Wednesday, 9 October 2013

Dreamers Spotlight: Mandy Kopelke Art




Tell us something about yourself?

I LOVE colour! My life is colourful, my kids and hubby are colourful and my paintings are colourful :-) My studio is portable and moves between the lounge and the veranda depending on the weather.
You will often find me on the veranda singing and dancing with paint covered fingers and brushes.


My Veranda Studio

page2image4464
What are your sources of inspiration?

The natural world is my biggest inspiration - I love the amazing colours, shapes, textures and patterns and the tiny details that our eye often overlook as we rush, rush, rush around this busy world.


Blue Gums

Where and when did you learn your craft? Who taught you?

Growing up was an arty experience, from art projects at home with mum to art classes throughout school. As part of my maths and computers degree I also took a year of art... great combination! After uni I embarked on a career in IT which took me to some fabulous places around the UK and Australia and photography became my creative outlet, with the odd art class here and there. Since starting my family in 2005 I have regularly attended a variety of painting, drawing and mixed media classes at community colleges with some fabulous local artists such as Cilla Davies and a variety of weekend and online workshops with Intuitive artists such as Flora Bowley (US) and Tracy Verdugo (AU). There’s always something new to learn and inspiration to soak up.

Aside from your craft, what else do you enjoy doing?

I love to spend precious time together with my young family, cycling, camping, exploring and learning how exciting life can be and living it to the full !!

What piece of advise can you give to other artists?

Never stop believing in yourself and your dreams. Paint from the heart and keep that inner critic in its place. Keep creating no matter what... practice, more practice and determination are the keys to success.

What are your plans for the future?

I plan for my art to continually grow and evolve, for me to be part of an artisan community showing my craft at specialized artisan events, and to exhibit in art shows.
My aim is to enhance your your home with colour, make you smile every time you pass by my painting on your wall, or stop and spot something new in it that you hadn’t seen before. For you to feel happy when you rest your cup of tea on one of my bright little quirky stools or coasters and for you to feel love in your heart when you give or receive one of my colourful hand painted cards.
Thank you for taking the time to read more about Mandy Kopelke Art! 


Mandy Kopelke Art will be at the Dreamers Market on October 19,2013.
9:30 to 2:30 p.m.
Riverside Theatres
Parramatta

No comments:

Post a Comment