Sunday, 30 March 2014

Feature Interview: La Divina Designs

Tell us something about yourself?
I am the mother of two beautiful children and I work part-time as a Water Quality Sampler. I love yoga and music and food! If I did not meet the love of my life when I did, I believe I would have succumbed to wanderlust and become a gypsy.

What are your sources of inspiration?
All that I can see! Everything I interact with in my daily life somehow influences my craft. When I am completing a product I visualize the person I believe it was meant for, in a way each piece is custom made. Hopefully it finds its rightful owner.
Most of all my inspiration comes from my children and the colour and life they have breathed into our family.

Where and when did you learn your craft? Who taught you? 
I am self-taught in what I do, however I believe I have my mother to thank for my creativity. My grandmother also loves to paint portraits and landscapes on canvas. I guess it runs in our family.
Aside from your craft, what else do you enjoy doing?


I love to shop, especially at handmade markets. I love trips to the beach and reading a great book. Spending precious time with friends and family would have to be at the top of the list!

What piece of advice can you give to other artists? 
You will always be your worst critic, but don’t be so tough on yourself! If you love what you do and it makes your soul happy then do it I say. Also don’t ever let it stop being fun. If you try to make your craft a job at the same time, be sure it doesn’t loose that fire it lights inside of you…
What are your plans for the future?
Hopefully I can continue to make cards and paper stationary through La Divina Designs. If everyone else enjoys my products as much as I do then perhaps I can continue full time.

I wish to expand the products I offer and maybe even design my own paper in the future.

La Divina Designs will be at the Autumn Dreamers Market on Saturday, April, 5 at 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.

1 comment:

  1. what a beautiful picture you have painted of your designs
    I cant wait to see your goodies at the dreamers markets

    ReplyDelete