Monday, 9 March 2015

Feature Interview:
Naked Indiana- Native Grub


Tell us something about yourself?

 I am a chef who fell in love with an artist. He changed the way I addressed cooking, together finding a dialog through food. Its about blending passion, with ethos and communicating love, intention and respect for each other and for our earth.


What are your sources of inspiration? 

The environment, that being my natural surrounding as my starting point of what to cook and then my greater concern for conservation and restoration of our earth.

Where and when did you learn your craft? Who taught you?

 I only did 12 months at TAFE so I don’t have a formal qualification. It all started in Thailand where I spent 2 months cooking in the monastery for the monks with a wonderful woman who showed me how to feel food. Since coming home I have been blessed with some incredible work relatonship that led me to meet my husband, together we decided to start Naked Indiana. I continue to learn everyday.




Aside from your craft, what else do you enjoy doing? 
Dancing!

What piece of advise can you give to other artists? 
Believe in your own style and don’t look around too much at what others are doing.
What are your plans for the future?
 To save our natural world and its wonderful reasources for my darling daughter Saskia.  




Naked Indiana- Native Grub will be at the Dreamers Market on March 21, 2015 at the Riverside Theatres from 9:30 am. to 2:30 pm.





No comments:

Post a Comment