Monday, 13 July 2015

Feature Interview : Arjay Creations

Tell us something about yourself?

I love to sew, embroider, knit and craft. Making and giving gifts is a constant source of delight. I have been sewing and knitting since the age of 5. After a long career in teaching, followed by Pastoral Work, I now work part time and have more time to devote to my craft, sewing and writing a blog.


What are your sources of inspiration?

Many and varied, sometimes it’s a piece of fabric that just begs to be made into a particular item. It can be to fill a need in a colourful and creative way for friends, for their babies, children or to make a household item.

Where and when did you learn your craft? Who taught you?

My mum and grandmothers taught me to sew and knit but I also studied textiles and design throughout high school.


Aside from your craft, what else do you enjoy doing?
Love spending time with friends catching up over coffee and travelling, particularly to the Amish areas of America.

What piece of advise can you give to other artists? 
Go for it! If you enjoy it, do it, trust your instincts and be kind to yourself.

What are your plans for the future?

I have started to write patterns, am spending more time on my blog and seriously have to sew through all the fabric in my house. I love sharing sewing skills with those who want to learn as well as creating items for those who value quality handmade items.

Arjay Creations will be at the Dreamers Market on July 18,2015. Riverside Theatres. Parramatta. 9:30  - 2:30 pm.


No comments:

Post a Comment