Thursday, 16 July 2015

Feature Interview: Inkognito Surface Design



Tell me something about yourself?
I'm an English lass with a passion for textiles, printing, dyeing and photography. 

What are your sources of inspiration?  I’m totally inspired by all aspects of nature particularly native Australian flowers.

Where and when did you learn your craft? Who taught you? I have had a long background in the arts, specializing in textiles and screen printing.  I studied Interior Design in Pembrokeshire, South Wales and then printing and textiles at Ultimo College Sydney.  Many of my ‘skills’ have been learned along the way with short courses and lots of practice and enthusiasm.



Aside from your craft, what else do you enjoy doing? My passion is photography.  I take many of my photos now just on my mobile phone as the quality is so good, which also means that I have my camera to hand at all times.  I see inspiration everywhere and never miss an opportunity to make a memory.  I am very addicted to Instagram and love this photo sharing app.



What piece of advise can you give to other artists? To be passionate about your creativity as then it really shows in your work.  I’ve always believed that with art nothing is wrong or right so just go with what you are enjoying and like to produce as there is nothing more rewarding than someone complimenting your work, what ever form it takes.  Also, one that I am working on every day is to be get organized and have goals.



What are your plans for the future?  To have some of my products in stores that suit my aesthetic and style would be very rewarding.  To get my website shop up and running and to keep working hard at the markets as it’s a great opportunity to speak to potential customers and get direct feedback.

Check out the Inkognito Surface Design at the Dreamers Market on Saturday, July 18th at the Riverside Theatres in Parramatta.

No comments:

Post a Comment