Wednesday, 15 July 2015

Feature Interview: Light Leak Prints

Tell me something about yourself?
I am color blind but I love anything and everything colorful, from the clothes I wear to the photographs I produce. You will only understand what I mean if you are color blind.

What are your sources of inspiration?
My partner – Postcards from Aloysius. Helen and I have been together for over 7 years. I was stood next to her at her first market stall in 2011. She bought me my camera as a present which got me into photography, she helped me find my creative side, she gave me the confidence to sell my art work and she has also stood next to me at every one of my stalls too. Neither of us would be where we are if we didn’t have each other.


Where and when did you learn your craft? Who taught you? 
I am self-taught here in Sydney, purely trial and a lot of error.
Aside from your craft, what else do you enjoy doing?
I love surfing, I love cooking and I love that I have worked in the charity sector for 4 years.

What piece of advise can you give to other artists? 
Listen to your gut. If something feels right, run with it. Never second guess yourself and never second guess your art. You created it for a reason, let everyone know what that reason is.


What are your plans for the future?
Get our residency in Australia, and turn my photographs from a hobby into job – but never call it a ‘job’.


Check out Light Leak Prints here:


Light Leak Prints will be at the Dreamers Market Winter 2015 on Saturday, July 18th.

No comments:

Post a Comment