Sunday, 15 November 2015

Feature Interview: The Happy Sausage

Tell us something about yourself?

I am 26 years old and I love being creative. I first got the idea to make dog coats when I couldn’t find one long enough for my pup. It all escalated from there really and here we are!

What are your sources of inspiration?

My Miniature Dachshund named Slinky. She is the most amazing friend and she inspires me to create unique and colourful pieces which reflects her personality perfectly.

Where and when did you learn your craft? Who taught you?

 I took sewing classes in high school, and then a few years back took lessons once a week for about 3 months. I have a very logical mind so I am mostly able to look at something and figure out (with some trial and error) how to make it.

Aside from your craft, what else do you enjoy doing?

I am a caver at heart. I spend the majority of my spare time crawling around in caves, scaling tall pitches and out in the bush. In the warmer weather I love to take Slinky paddle boarding around Sydney and spend time at the park and beach with her.


What piece of advice can you give to other artists?


 Never give up. Do it because you love it and never be concerned about what other people think!
What are your plans for the future?

I would love to grow my little shop and introduce new and exciting products! People love to dress up, so why not dogs too!


The Happy Sausage will be at the Dreamers Market on Nov. 21, Riverside Theatres, Parramatta.



No comments:

Post a Comment