Monday, 26 June 2017

Feature Interview : Queen of Hooks Crochet

Tell us something about yourself?

I’ve recently begun dying my own yarn for very special pieces – it’s so amazing being able to create my own colour and then work it into a finished piece which is totally one of a kind.


What are your sources of inspiration?

I take inspiration from all around, I love seeing what other artists are creating, I adore colour and brightness. I hope that each piece I create can bring a smile to those that receive them.

Where and when did you learn your craft? Who taught you? 



I’ve only been crocheting for three years – I started late, but I’m making up for lost time. I was lucky enough to attend a class in Sydney, where I still go to catch up with other crocheters for social meets.

Aside from your craft, what else do you enjoy doing?

I love travel and exploring new places. Learning about other cultures and how other people live is amazing and a valued part of my life. I feel privileged to be able to have the opportunity to travel and learn so much.

What piece of advise can you give to other artists? 
To be true to yourself – I make things that I love and adore. Colours and patterns that I love always turn out better as they have more heart and I put more care into their creation.
What are your plans for the future?

I’m enjoying creating special pieces on the small scale, I like my pieces to be special and not mass produced so every recipient can feel special and the love involved in the making. I look forward to more dying of yarn, but again keeping it on the small scale.


Queen of Hooks crochet will be at The Dreamers Market on July 22. Saturday from 9:30-2:30 p.m. The Courtyard, Riverside Theatres, Parramatta. 



No comments:

Post a Comment