Meet Joe, the artisan behind these cute Wee Pots
Tell me something about yourself?
My name is Joe and I am the owner of Weepots. I hand build pottery that are either small, tiny, little or mini. Last summer, I bought a small kiln that is slightly bigger than a microwave oven. Small kiln, small pots! I love how much work goes into making small pots. They are simple, imperfect and irregular. No two are ever alike.
My name is Joe and I am the owner of Weepots. I hand build pottery that are either small, tiny, little or mini. Last summer, I bought a small kiln that is slightly bigger than a microwave oven. Small kiln, small pots! I love how much work goes into making small pots. They are simple, imperfect and irregular. No two are ever alike.
What are your sources of inspiration?
Where and when did you learn your craft? Who taught you?
My interest in ceramics began 10 years ago when I attended a
pottery class one weekend. Since then I have dabbled with clay on and
off, never letting go of it. I learned a lot from books and a lot of
trial and error.
Aside from your craft, what else do you enjoy doing?
When I am not playing with clay or sewing bags for my other shop, I
love to meet up with friends at the shopping mall for coffee or a bite
to eat.
What piece of advise can you give to other artisans?
"Do what you love, Love what you do" , as the saying goes.What are your plans for the future?
I have a weak spot for all things handmade. I would love to have a bigger studio where I can share my knowledge to others. At the moment, the studio is a 2x2 sqm laundry room!
You'll find more of these cute pots at the Dreamers Markets.





No comments:
Post a Comment